Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I cry thorns

I cry thorns, real thorns. Real thorns of the Blackberry type.
Clearing the land which was completely covered with many generations of blackberry bushes with machetes can cause the occasional thorn to fly towards the face. I did not heed the advise from a friend to protect my eyes, so of course I had a flying thorn land in my left eye.

I was passively panicking, but upon examination by another friend, there was no sign of the thorn. We deduced that the thorn had scratched the eyeball. That was until the morning, when Jen noticed in the corner of my eye was the thorn. That was a relief, and kind of cool that I cried out the thorn during my sleep. What do you do while you sleep? I was happy I did not rub, as I am a rubber. Rub-rub-rub. I could have caused damage to the eye rubbing, but I followed advice not to rub. It's not an awesome story, but at least a beginning of many better awesomer stories to follow. I cannot promise, but it seems obvious.

So the next day while I was continuing to clear the land another thorn flew up into my other eye. One time was bad luck, twice was my bad. Did I heed the advise to wear protective eye wear? No. Sometimes it feels right to be foolish. As of the time of writing, I have not cried another thorn, so I can only assume that thorn did not stick to the eye.

The end. I could not retreat from that story any quicker.
Here is a cute picture to take your attention away. Bye.



No comments:

Post a Comment